Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sunday was the butterfly release

Sunday was amazing. Attended the live butterfly release in honor of my son Damien. We took grandpa along with us since he has been cooped up for a few days and he really enjoyed himself as well. This is something I look forward to every year and where my butterfly obsession stemmed from. Back in March I planted my very own butterfly garden in the back yard. 200+ people attended the release this year. The Nathan Adelson hospice puts this special event on, and this was the 8th one! You purchase a butterfly & you get a program with your deceased loved ones name inside. The legend is when you whisper a wish into the butterfly's ear since it cannot speak once you release it, it will carry your wish to your loved one in Heaven. Below are some great photos. The 1st is me & the butterfly in the little box it comes in. The one where you can see me pointing, I am pointing at my butterfly! And lastly is one of my angel baby!




No comments:

Post a Comment